I wanted to make you aware of a number of lacrosse opportunities that are coming up this fall:
1) Top Cheddar Fall Tournament – We are fielding a high school team to participate in the Top Cheddar Tournament the weekend of October 18-19 in Milwaukee. Details and registration can be found on the SC Wisconsin website http://scwisconsin.com/.
2) Dane County Lacrosse Skills Clinic – On October 12th I will be running a day clinic that features coaches Mike Storts (Verona Head Coach / Defense), Josh Wollin (Stoughton Head Coach / Midfielders), and Nate Lutterman (Verona Assistant Coach / Goalies). The clinic runs from 10 am to 4 pm and costs $35 per player. More information can be found on the DC Lax website under “High School Lacrosse Skills Development Clinic” athttp://danecountylacrosse.org/Registration/Default.asp?org=danecountylacrosse.org
3) Janesville Lacrosse Youth Clinics – Coach Ron Williams is working on setting up a number of inexpensive youth clinics in the Janesville area that features Janesville HS and Youth coaches. More details will be posted on the JLC website shortly.
4) Fall Meeting – I’d like to invite all returning HS players (Varsity AND Junior Varsity) to an optional meeting next Friday, September 26 at 4 pm in the Craig HS cafeteria. In this meeting we will set goals and expectations for the coming spring, talk about off-season fitness training, gather feedback about which out-of-conference opponents players would like to schedule games against, and a number of other topics. Players should expect the meeting to run 30-45 minutes long (to reiterate – this meeting is completely optional).
5) Madison Box Lacrosse Team – We are in the early stages of forming a Madison-wide box (indoor) lacrosse team for area high schoolers. The team will practice at Prairie Athletic Club in Sun Prairie approximately once weekly and travel to Milwaukee, Chicago and the Twin Cities for tournaments and games during December and January. An informational meeting will be held October 5th at Tanner’s in Greenway Station (time TBD).
Janesville Varsity Lacrosse